Menu
Will8
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very poor customer service

I have spent the last few days periodically calling the 0345 454 1111 support number because Virgin offer no contact email address or online chat function on their website.

I called the number several times on Monday, it gave me an engaged tone.

I called the number several times on Tuesday, it gave me an engaged tone.

I called the number several times on Wednesday, it gave me an engaged tone.

I called the number this morning and was put in call waiting, chose the option for leaving, and waited for 40 minutes before somebody answered the phone.

A surly person took some security details, then informed me that this was the ‘retention’ department and I needed to speak to cancellations. I started to explain that this was the option I had chosen, but was put back on hold mid sentence.

I then waited on hold for another 30 minutes before it dialled through a second time, only for the line to go dead.

Virgin's customer service is appalling.

Is this how they plan to retain people, by making it impossible to contact them?

I'm livid.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very poor customer service

Cancel by post (recorded delivery, of course).  Section N of the T&Cs.  Be clear on when you want services to cease, and if relevant to your circumstances, make sure the new ISP connection is installed and working before serving notice.  The overlap means you pay VM for another month, but if there's any hiccup with the new ISP you'll not be left with no connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Will8
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor customer service

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I'll send a letter.

0 Kudos