Menu
Disgruntled14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very Bad Service

I originally signed up with Virgin Media on 27th May 2021. I was given an original installation date of 11th June. An engineer turned up and said he needed to speak to his manager in the van and would call me shortly, there was no phone call. I then spoke to a lady on the Monday who apologised and rescheduled my installation for 18th June and guaranteed it would happen. On the 18th June, no one turned up and not even a phone call to advise me that nobody would arrive. 

I called to complain and was reassured someone would arrive between 5pm and 6pm, still no one turned up. I rung their customer service and was very unhappy at this point and wanted to end the contract, they reassured me that they could guarantee installation for 1st July, this was confirmed 4 times on the call.

I have rung up today to confirm the date again only to be told it was delayed to the 17th July??? I have just received a text message after my phone call advising it would be 4th September..... The service is awful!! Do not use Virgin as they never do as they say. The person on the phone will tell you what you want to hear in order to stop you cancelling and to end the call but nothing ever gets done. 

I raised a written complaint weeks ago and still not heard from anyone. I am left with no broadband at my property as my old suppliers contract had run out. Virgin has let me down time and time again.

I would like to finish the contract. Please advise how this can be done.

0 Kudos
Yakidd91
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very Bad Service

You can call customer services and cancel the contract. As you haven't yet received the product you are well within your rights to do so.

0 Kudos
Disgruntled14
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much, I will do so.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Disgruntled14, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

We're terribly sorry to hear that the install has been problematic.

I believe you've been able to call our team to process the cancellation of the install, can you confirm if that is the case for me?

Kindest regards.

David_Bn

0 Kudos