Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vastly Increased Monthly Billing

I have been trying to get in touch with Virgin Media unsuccessfully for weeks since I received my bill for May which is almost twice as much as the previous few months since I signed up with them in February. I find it inexcusable in these days of supposed transparency, that a customer cannot contact Virgin Customer Services by email, thereby, explaining fully in writing, of their grievance requiring their investigation/answer regarding service and/or billing. I signed a 12-month contract with Virgin to supply me with Broadband, TV, and Telephone at a FIXED monthly cost of £38.00 (unless I added any other services). They have now billed me for May at a cost of £64.00.

Had I have realised this before signing up with Virgin, I would certainly have not entered into any agreement with them and this will be a major factor whether I stay with them after my 12-month agreement comes to an end. Also, when trying to communicate with them, certain parts of their Web site, when clicked upon, are unobtainable. This level of service to their customers is unacceptable.

Virgin Media needs to consult with their Media Consultant who signed me to the contract and investigate this problem. If the Consultant refutes my agreed contract which is clearly stated in writing, with my wife as witness to the agreement, then he has clearly misrepresented Virgin Media when setting up this agreement between us. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact this representative leaving messages on his answerphone without receiving any call backs.

It feels as though I am floundering through my frustrations by still trying to work Virgin’s Website but keep being sent around in never-ending circles.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vastly Increased Monthly Billing

Hi johngrug

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am really sorry to hear you've had issues with the billing and I'm more than happy to help you with this.

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I have experienced the same, my broadband bill is been increase from £29 to £39.
I would like an explanation please and a refund.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your discount period ran out. That is the most likely answer. All the contracts have a minimum term with a discount period, once that discount period runs out you pay the going price.

compare your last two bills and see what the difference they say is.

0 Kudos