Menu
seank12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM overcharging

Hi
About 3 years ago my parents told me that they where paying for Virgin Media TV even though they have never used it. 
I got them to ring up VM to change it as all they want and all they use is the phone and broadband. 
They had a bit of an argument with VM about it but after a while where promised that the TV would come off the bill. I can see that in late 2018 on the "View Contract" tab in the billing section that in November the TV was added and was updated a month later to show just the phone and broadband.

I was speaking to my parents today and the bill for this month arrived in the post and the TV charges are still on there.
Honestly, I'm quite ticked off at the moment as going through the account section of the website trying to solve this is a nightmare, it seems quite deliberately broken and/or opaque (trying to find a breakdown of billing for example) 
My parents have been charged roughly £30 extra a month for years now for a service they explicitly told VM that they do not use.
The fact that my parents who are both elderly have been taken advantage of in this way is the type of thing I would expect from a cold calling scam company. My parents have been using Virginmedia and blueyonder and telewest before then. Nearly 30 years of customer loyality. 
I'm not sure how long this had been going on as the website does not allow me to check previous bills (the button is greyed out), nor will it allow me to contact VM in a private way to sort this mess out. Everytime I go to the "contact us" section I get logged out and I am asked to log back in again.
So here I am on a public forum trying to sort this crap out. 
I want the TV charges removed from the billing and I want to be able to access the previous bills section on the website so I can see how long VM have been overcharging my parents, then I want that money paid back to them or I will have to escalate this. 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM overcharging

Hi @seank12,

Welcome back to our community forums.

We truly apologise that your parents have experienced this overcharge over the years. This is not what we would like to hear. I have sent you a private message regarding this so I can further look into this and best resolve this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos