Menu
ElizaJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM only offering my account refund by cheque - but I just left the UK permanently

I recently closed my Virgin Media broadband account after being a customer for 1.5 years. I am relocating back to Australia. I have a credit on my account, and VM are saying this can only be sent by mail.

I pointed out to the customer service agent over the phone 'but I don't live there anymore'. She asked if there was 'a friend' I could have the cheque sent to. I pointed out that only the person receiving the funds can cash a cheque. She agreed (!) and said that's the only option is the UK. She said a manager would call me back, but alas I am still awaiting.

This seems completely unacceptable - that VM could keep my money because I have relocated out of the UK, even though they knew 6 weeks in advance I was moving back to Australia.

Appreciate any advice. I will be pursuing this through other means if VM don't provide a satisfactory response!

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM only offering my account refund by cheque - but I just left the UK permanently

If your Australian bank has a branch or representative in the UK, they should be able to accept the cheque.

0 Kudos
ElizaJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM only offering my account refund by cheque - but I just left the UK permanently

Thanks for the advice, but I am not in the UK anymore- so I can't take the cheque to a branch.

Why can't VM just do a bank transfer to the UK bank account I have been paying with for 1.5 years?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

anyone can pay a cheque into your bank as long as the cheque is in your name. it doesn't have to be you

0 Kudos