Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM keep sending me invoices when I left years' ago!

Hi, I left VM, (broadband), over two years' ago and left their mobile system months' ago.

I keep getting invoices for using over my limit on and these were sent BEFORE I changed from their mobile BUT they keep on sending these emails and texts to me, I have phoned and phoned and what I have found out, as far as I can work out, is... you CANNOT contact ANYONE here in the UK to talk to regarding mobile phones! I have tried EVERYTHING like going to sign up to the mobile and then they put you through to somewhere in the world BUT, not in the UK!!

What the HELL can I do to stop these???

Here's their messages...

Hello,

We’ve noticed that you’ve just used up all of your month’s data.

So, to keep you ticking over, we’ve given you a little cushion of data for free. 2GB – just enough to keep you ticking over. If you work your way through that, we’ll automatically top you up with unlimited data for £7.50 for the rest of the month.

Don’t forget, you’ll be able to enjoy another chunk of data month. If you think you’ll need more, you can always swap to our unlimited bundles, any time you like.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Anyone have any idea how to STOP these???????? I'd NEVER join VM - EVER again!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM keep sending me invoices when I left years' ago!

Hi MrR-angry,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of this happening. I have contacted a colleague relating this repeated charge and when I have more information I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply!!

I have been receiving these emails', and text messages, for a year now... they come late at night and around 7am in the morning so, pretty please, try and see what's going on.

THANKS...

kind regards...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me, we'll do our best to sort this out 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello John,

I'm not too sure you aren't taking the pee with your link to 'how to pay your Virgin bill's?'

I left VM over two years' ago and I left your mobile service months' ago... and I NEVER used ANY 'data'... it was just a phone to me!

SO, the emails' and text messages are for using too much monthly data... how stupid can this be?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrR-angry,

I've checked with John to investigate this and the relevant team is aware of the issue specific to you. They have confirmed that the system is just generating the communication and that your former accounts are not affected. They are working on getting the communication issue resolved and they have given advice to ignore the communication being sent.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience whilst the team continues to work on a fix.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lisa,

Many thanks... it'll be a relief not to get text messages at midnight, or 7am, again!

regards, Ray

0 Kudos