Menu
Maskelyne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM in Breach of Agreed (and sent) Contract since the 16th of Feb

I am sick to death of this company.

Every time you think you take a step forward, its incompetency takes you 4 back.

After cancelling my contract with VM residential due to its stance on existing customers and wasting 6 hours I'm never getting back, I get hounded by the retention's team to 'Make me an offer I cant refuse'. After getting fed bull from one, I actually get a call by a Lady who did a decent job of allaying my fears. So on the 12th of Feb, I agreed to a new 18 Month Contract to be raised. 

As it was late Friday, I didn't expect to see much movement on it till the following week. However I was pleasantly surprised to see changes happening the next day even an email confirming what I should expect my next bill to after the credit due to charge increase on my last payment. I noticed that a contract had been raised which had a date of the 16th and the new 360 remotes and sim card followed. I was happy.

Until today. Lo and behold, give VM a chance to screw up and they will take it gleefully with both hands and run with it, laughing all the way down the street.

My new bill was only 65 pounds higher than my expectation. Not bad for a first try i suppose.

So this led me, at 11am, today to open a chat with CS (overseas) to get to the bottom of the issue and give them a chance to rectify. Wow, how wrong was I to expect any form of professionalism and common sense. Needless to say I have a Chat dialog that goes on for the best of 7 hours, where the only rectification from their side is to ignore my agreed contract, change the dates and screw about with credits which doesnt rectify the issue but would have left me paying more than was originally anticipated.

Their explanation was that even though the contract was agreed on the 12th, confirmations sent on the 13th, a contract which I am still in possession active from the 16th, and all sims and remotes received by the 19th. There was an activation on my account. Because of this my contract would start from today and missing the previous billing period.

Absolute Bullsh*t.

I have wasted enough time with this joke of a company. at some point over the next two days I will be wasting more time to cancel my contract due to breach and cancelling my direct debit.

I can't believe that this is an isolated occurrence, as evident alone by a lot of the posts on this forum. If a UK based CS wants to reach out to attempt to rectify this, they can try but I wont be wasting any more time going back over old ground. That's been enough today.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM in Breach of Agreed (and sent) Contract since the 16th of Feb

Hello Maskelyne

Sorry to hear about the above
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos