Menu
Chiny
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM competition

I've been with VM (or their predecessors) for decades, so any change would be a wrench but Openreach have now done their bit and I now have access to 900 Mb/s up 100 down. I could reduce speed to save money but still get a decent upload speed, IPv6, static IP, no unnecessary phone line, UK support...

It will be an interesting discussion in a few months time when VM remove all their discounts and I have, yet again, to ask for them back. Presumably an increasing problem for VM.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM competition

you are not "entitled" to any discount, so the standard advertised price is not to your liking then simply move your business elsewhere.

as you said, you have options now so you should take them if they are appear to be better value to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Chiny
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unsurprisingly VM are alert to the issue and are complaining to the regulator.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/10/virgin-media-uk-warns-bt-against-anti-competitive-fttp...

VM; I'm offering to stay, after decades, but want IPv6 and static IPv4.   Your call.

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM IPs may not be static but they are very sticky. In the 6 years i've had VM the IP has only changed on 2 or 3 occasions following major changes to the local network. You can also cancel the phone line as that isn't required for Virgin broadband.

0 Kudos