cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM cancelled my contract without informing me, now I'm being charged more and have lost £100 discount

sambrock
Joining in

I signed up for the Volt 350 package and a stream box on 22/08. I received this on 09/09. After trying to get my quick-start kit to work, I phoned Virgin as I couldn't get online. It turns out my contract was cancelled; something which I did not request and was not informed of.

After a 2-hour phone call on 11/09, I was able to get online but only by reentering a new contract with VM. I selected the exact same package, but now I'm being charged more (see "cancelled" and current contracts attached). Because of this, I've lost the welcome credit which I used on the first contract for a £100 discount. I'm also being charged £5 a month extra after 18 months and a one-off fee of £70 (I'm not sure how this has been calculated). 

On top of all this, I was also sent a broken isolator cable in my quick-start kit so I had to fork out to get a replacement from Amazon.

Is there any way I can get my discount back, and can anyone explain the difference between the one-off payments as it is the same package?

"cancelled" contract 

current contract 

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sambrock, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Every package will have a different price and the discount could vary from each package, normally discounts last no longer than 18 month anyway.

I can also see you've spoke to the team about this issues, did they manage to get it resolved for you at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I spoke with Virgin yesterday to try and get my quick-start kit online. That's when they told me my contract had been cancelled. I only realised afterwards that my cancelled and current contracts were different, so I haven't spoken to anyone about that yet.

I'm not sure if it is possible to get back the discount that I had used previously, but the one-off payment seems like a mistake to me (from £35 to £70 for the same package??). I will try to contact Virgin today to get some clarification. Please let me know if there's a better way to do this. 

It just feels like I've been scammed tbh. I didn't ask for my contract to be cancelled, and wasn't informed when it was. Now I'm being charged more for the same package and setup. 

As mentioned this package you wanted could no longer be available packages can change daily.

Please do keep us updated an let us know how you get on.

You can also see some deals here. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?