Menu
akkers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM call centres useless

The people who answer phones and chats in India ate next to useless. I can't understand how VM continues to employ them. Here is my story;

In Dec I telephoned and asked for termination of my acount as I was moving. they confirmed that it would close on 15 Jan as per 1 month notice. come Feb and service was still live and I was being sent bills. I spoke to someone and they said service should have closed on 15 Jan. Anyway they promised to review the bills and send me a refund. The service was closed down but I still kept getting bills. So about 4 weeks ago I chatted with Ganesh for 5hrs. He looked at my account and said the bills were for extra month as I had not given them 1 month notice. So I explained to him that I had given notice in Dec. He looked through the notes and conceded that I had indeed given notice in Dec. He recalculated the bills and promised to send me refund of 39. Suffice to say I have not received the refund and I am still receiving demands for payment.

I had previously requested transfer of tel number which was not being done. Ganesh looked through the records and saud that the number had been transferred already. Suffice to say the number has still not being posted to new address.

It seems to me that the agents in India are so slow they can send you into come. Further they tell you things but then don't action them.

It is a dire situation. How on earth do we speak to someone who will listen and actually action what they say. I think VM bosses are asleep.

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM call centres useless

If you're getting dmands for payment, then chances are that (having already botched the original cancellation, and botched multiple opportunities to put it all right) VM will also have marked your credit history file with late payments or defaults.  Uncorrected, that will remain visible for six years to prospective lenders, phone, water, gas, electricity and other service providers, even large employers.

I'll mark this post for a forum staff response to get this resolved, that will be your quickest and easiest resolution.  What you should be seeking is the backdating of cancellation to your orginal request, correction of any credit history entries (check this, don't assume they will do this), confirmation that they acknowledge their error and have called off any debt collection agencies they've passed the alleged debt on to, refund of any payments over and beyond what you would have paid if they'd handled the cancellation properly, and compensation for the waste of your time and the inconvenience.

Usually the forum staff can get these mess ups sorted.  If they can't, then you should make a formal complaint (search, read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice, complain by letter, recorded delivery).  That should request the outcomes above, or anything else you think reasonable, and an immediate deadlock letter if VM can't agree to your terms.  If they don't agree, a deadlock letter enables immediate escalation to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  Complaints + CISAS are not a fast fix, and once you go doen that route the company is restricted in its ability to act until CISAS issue an adjudication, so whilst effective, it should be a last resort.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

akkers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Andrew-G.

To illustrate how bad their call centres are... When I was chatting to Ganesh 4 weeks back he was taking 10-15 mins to answer any question. The whole episode lasted 5hrs - something that should have taken 5mins to resolve.

At one stage he said that he was time for his scheduled 30min break and then disappeared for 45 mins. How BAD is that?

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @akkers,

Thanks for your post. I'm very sorry to hear of the situation you've described regarding your account, I would be happy to look into this for you to help clear things up.

I've been unable to locate the account from the details you've registered to forums with, so will need to send you a private message to discuss this and go through some data protection. Please look out for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos