Menu
Luther1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM account setup failure

Apologies for this somewhat lengthy post but I need the/any correspondent to have as full an understanding of this as possible.

I am trying to resolve an issue with my mother’s virgin media account.

She has (relatively) recently switched from BT and terrestrial tv etc to virgin media for TV, phone broadband etc.

This was all installed and no problems have been found until we tried to setup her account with VM in order to be able to email and so forth.

Email wasn’t bothered with up until then so it was not missed – phone and snail mail being satisfactory.

Last August, she bought a new laptop with the intention of using it for emails as covid has enforced separation with the family etc.

When I tried setting up the account for her, it was clear that the process didn’t finalise properly with a warning popup that something went wrong (kind of thing).

It seems that the account is fully up & running as far as VM is concerned but we do not have any valid password.

This has left her with no access to the account and she obviously can’t access emails either.

Completely unable to login to the account.

The VM website will not allow any kind of password reset and with the current state of call centres we can’t actually ‘talk’ to anyone to get direct help either.

The forgotten user name/password link is of no use at all.

What can be done to remedy this?

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM account setup failure

Set your mother up with a Google Gmail account, trust me the Virgin email system is not fit for purpose. Look at the hundreds of posts on here with people being bombarded with spam and unable to send/receive email - there is a clue....

Virgin see it as a 'free' service and seem to have little interest in it.

You can thank me later.

0 Kudos
Luther1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM account setup failure

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a reply.

However, the email problem is merely a symptom of the fact that we can't access the account - which is the real issue here.

When we can log on to account properly, the email problem will more than likely disappear.

Without being able to log onto the account there is no way to check the billing or anything related to that.

As stated, there seemed to be a problem at the time of setting up the account in the first instance that has left us unable to log on to it.

I appreciate that your intention was to provide a solution though.

Thanks all the same.

0 Kudos