Menu
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 51 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Junction box obstruction

Hi Lesley71

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience which has been caused by the installation of the box and for any disappointment experienced when discussing this with our colleague.

When deciding where to position street equipment there are many considerations to take into account including permission from local authorities.

Do you have a photo of the box that you could post so that we can take a look?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 52 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@Lesley71 wrote:

Hi

i went away for Easter and on my return there was  a small grey box  fitted by Virgin in the middle of my driveway wall. The workers were in fact not finished but despite my protests carried on with putting it in the middle. I don’t believe anyone has been linked to the box as yet. It is the only box in the street situated in the middle of a house’s wall. 

I was in the process of getting my wall demolished and the kerb lowered outside my house (I’ve counted and 81 of 91 houses in the street have had this done). How do I get this moved please and quickly to stop any connections to the box being made. 

Thanks

VM will go for locations where there are adjacent boundry walls. As you have stated, most of the houses have had these removed which may have been part of the reason they picked yours. The box will be within the street service strip, so VM will not require a permit to put it there. Suffice to say, there may not be any customers connected yet, but that box is the centre of the universe for all the ducting in that street, so moving the box elsewhere will be expensive & time consuming.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 53 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Furthermore, unless the cabinet is a health or safety hazard VM has little incentive to move it.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Lesley71
Joining in
Message 54 of 54
Flag for a moderator

A219BC18-7308-41A8-8F75-9F3711CFA1D6.jpeg

0 Kudos