Menu
Bomberoo
Tuning in
Message 11 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Junction box obstruction

The cabinet box only requires to be moved one metre to the left, it can remain at front of driveway facing same direction but by moving it 1 metre, the obstuction would be removed. if the cost to me is excessive then I'll leave it in situ, however if virgin wish to move it as a precaution in case it gets struck, I'll have no issues. If it remains then so be it.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Might sound simple to move it 1 metre, but there is no slack in the drop lines to each customer & jointing cables can cause signal issues, so you are still talking a big job here.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Bomberoo
Tuning in
Message 13 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, it's been very helpful, I'll contact VM and put the process into action. If they refuse, which I'm expecting or state if I want to move it, it will cost me an arm and leg, which I'm also expecting. Then it can remain in situ. Wouldn't it be nice, just for once in your life to see a global heavyweight help a loyal customer in achieving his aim without significant financial costs. You'd think that prior to installing it VM would take into account the possibility for this scenario and install the cabinets with bit more pro active thinking. Maybe mines is a selfish attitude and have my own self interests at heart, we'll see what happens...
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 54
Flag for a moderator

yes it selfish.
If VM move it at there own cost its not VM that pay it will be all of the other VM customers that get a price rise to cover it.

They can't plan for everything that might change. That is why they have to apply for planning permission just like you and get told if its ok to install there they do.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Bomberoo
Tuning in
Message 15 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I will go through the proper channels, no pun intended, and see what options if any are open to me. thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Milant
Joining in
Message 16 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Have a similar problem
My box is small though
I want to get it moved
How would I go about getting a quote?
Is there an adress/ department / phone number?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milant

You would need to get in touch with our Cabinet and Network teams for costs.

If you can pop back to me on a PM with the following I can pass your details on to them:

If you can pop your details to me on a PM I'll check in with the teams for you. They can look into prospective costs to move this then.

If you can pop me:

• Your name
  • The full address
  • Images of the junction box and what you need us to do with it.
  • Your preferred contact number.

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milant

I've popped those details off to our Network teams to find out possible costs and how to get this process rolling.

I'll keep you looped in as soon as I know more.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milant, 

Thanks for your patience whilst we've been looking in to this. 

It's just a quick message to say we haven't forgotten about you. We're still chasing this. 

As soon as we have any information, we'll be back in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Milant
Joining in
Message 20 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much

I look forward to your response

0 Kudos