cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Ignored 2 complaints and staff lied repeatedly about Total Cost. Please HELP

clarmrrsn
Joining in

Hello

Apologies for the long email, read it and you will be as horrified as I am.

I am almost at my wits end with the poor customer service I have received over the past week, I am really hoping someone from VM team on the forum can help me.

I initially called Tuesday 11th July to see about a new deal, I complained to the person I spoke to about the poor quality of the services I have been receiving from VM over the past 18 months, as well as the poor customer service, my Broadband has been offline many times, and the Wifi signal has been so poor from the VM router I had to invest in another (even with VM additional boosters).  I asked a manager to call me back on complaint 12072329 that was raised for me.  It appears this case # has disappeared completely, there was no action by VM, and no manager has ever contacted me (On complaint tracker this complaint is not even listed).

I waited patiently until Sunday when I decided enough was enough, initially when I called on Sunday it was to cancel my contract, but the person I spoke to on the phone seemed really helpful, really apologetic and promised he would get me a very good deal. I warned that in order for me to even consider staying the cost would need to be substantially lower than the previous offer of knocking a few pounds off.

He said that he could give me the same package as I am on now for £78 a month.  At least 5 times I asked him to confirm what the £78 included, and asked very clearly on many occasions for confirmation that this was the complete price including the o2 SIM, I was answered yes on more than one occasion so decided to agree to this new contract offer.   (The deal offered seemed very genuine as the new customer deal advertised is in the same ballpark at £85 a month (£60 to VM and £25 to 02))

I had the Ultimate Volt Bundle which included everything, also had the talk international add on, he assured me many times everything was included in this £78 monthly price exactly as I have at the moment.

When I got the contract confirmation through something did not look right with the pricing (I was expecting to see a split in the £78 paid to VM and o2 however this did not seem to be the case), also there were 2 different contract offers sent and both had things missing from them and didn't seem correct.

I went on the chat this morning to confirm that the person I spoke to Sunday afternoon had priced and put the contract through correctly.

After spending 2 hours and 10 minutes on the chat to Julie Ann this morning from around 8.30am I was eventually after almost an hour informed that the chap in retentions who had arranged the deal had told me a pack of lies.  The £78 was only for Virgin Media portion of the bill, there was still 02 part to pay.....

I complained like hell, and was so frustrated I cancelled my contract, Julie Ann offered to get a manager to call me (for the second time) so that I could discuss the misrepresentation (or lies to be more accurate) of the contract price.

Julie Ann raised the below complaint for me, I have sat in the house all day waiting for a manager to hopefully call and have just received the below email it seems from a Manager???

------------------------------------

"Complaint reference: C-170723337

Hello ***** **********,  

Thanks so much for the chat on 17/07/2023. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable -> My Contract/Package -> My package isn't as described

And here’s what we agreed:
Billing -> Extra guidance on billing

Stay on top of your services"  

---------------------------------

Without any Manager even attempting to contact me the complaint has been closed with the very insulting insinuation that I should "Stay on top of my services"  This was Copied word for work from the email (except my name that is removed)

What the heck is going on here?

Is it normal practice for Virgin Media staff to Lie to customers about what their contract will cost, and then Managers to completely ignore customer complaints, even going so far as to blame the customer for issues he has experienced with VM??

I cannot believe this  response, is this the customer service I should expect from VM????

Please can someone help me end this madness, If I cannot get a manager to assist me then it seems the Forum may be my last option here.

PLEASE HELP

11 REPLIES 11

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @clarmrrsn,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the update.

I would like to go about looking into this with you deeper so that we can go about resolving this, for me to do so I will need to send you a quick private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @clarmrrsn,

Glad we could go about having that private chat to clear up what has happened with your account, if you do require anything further from us then please reach back out and we will do all we can to assist.

Joe