Menu
Superglans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM Have Stopped My Access To Their Service

Hello,

I have recently moved out of my old address on the 1st of February and back to my parents for a month or so. I didn’t bother getting my services changed to their address as they already have Virgin Media and it was only a short stopgap anyway. Everything was fine as I just used the Virgin TV Go app and Sky Sports app to watch the football.

I’m moving to a new address on the 10th of March so I told Virgin Media that I’d need the account moving to there so it is all ready for when I move in. They arranged a technician to come out on the 10th of March, which was perfect. They also mentioned that someone had gotten Virgin Media at my old address so I wouldn’t be able to use my router and TiVo box until the 10th, which was fine as it was boxed anyway…

However, now when I sign into my account it says I’m no longer a customer and I cannot use any of the Virgin TV Go services or their Sky Sports ones. This is extremely frustrating as I cannot watch the football and I have actually paid for the services. As I can see on my latest bill, I am actually paid up until the 20th of March, so I should be able to use the services I have paid for.

What is going on? Will I get a new account on the 10th? Will I get refunded for this 3 weeks in which I was not able to use the services I paid for?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Have Stopped My Access To Their Service

Virgin accounts are linked to addresses, so if there is now another live customer at your old address your services have to cease. VM have told you your kit won't work until the 10th as they are no longer linked to an account until your new services start. The same goes for the online services, which also attach to that account. You should get a refund at your next billing date for the old account.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Superglans
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nodrogd,

That clears things up; thank you!

What do I have to do once I move in? Do I sign into the apps with the same details, etc?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With Move and Transfer they usually transfer the login details as well, so you may notice a brief period of issues signing into said apps for up to 24 hours whilst it syncs over etc, after that should be usable.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
Superglans
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron2,

That’s perfect and good to know. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

0 Kudos