Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM - Customer Service - Ive now had enough!!

Ive been trying for 2 weeks to get through to your contact centre by phoning - like most people in here, Ive been unable to get through.

Now, Ive had enough in that I need to speak to someone urgently and my son is ill in hospital and I cant keep trying to spare an hour each day to try and get through.

The ability to change my account is abysmal and with no chat facilities, Ive now had enough and wanting to leave. Good service when your contract is live but when you need help...forget it!

Other companies have coped with Covid and still managed to keep contact centre queue times down so Im not sure why VM cant!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM - Customer Service - Ive now had enough!!

The customer service is awful. The phone line will often disconnect between 50-75 mins according to posts on social media and these forums. Even if you make it past that point you're unlikely to get through unless you hold for between 90-120 mins which is obviously totally unfeasible for most. On these forums the wait time for a response is about 5-7 days. Which doesn't leave with you many options...you're in the same basket as hundreds of others with a fault that can't be fixed or even reported.

If you're dissatisfied you have the option to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to respond to your complaint and following that you can appeal or take it further to CISAS or another independent adjudicator. I'd recommend filing a complaint partly because it's seemingly the only way to put on record what's going on and also because these complaints (and whether they're successfully resolved) do form part of OFCOM's annual report which affects what Virgin can say about their service. 

It's a tough time at the moment and the horrendous customer service is making life a little bit harder for a huge number of people. 

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Sammy_Must_Die wrote:

Ive been trying for 2 weeks to get through to your contact centre by phoning - like most people in here, Ive been unable to get through.

Now, Ive had enough in that I need to speak to someone urgently and my son is ill in hospital and I cant keep trying to spare an hour each day to try and get through.

Really sorry to hear about your son, if you don't mind me asking, what's the reason for needing to speak to C/S urgently? The rough gist will be fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammy_Must_Die, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We are very sorry to hear you son is poorly, I appreciate this must be very stressful and we would hate to add to that. 

Can you please expand on what the call is regarding and we will do all we can to assist further.

Nat
0 Kudos