cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Claim I have changed my contract

lynbandit
Tuning in

I have received an email today saying that I have changed my contract and upgraded my service.  I have done no such thing.  I am also getting bills for an O2 SIM.  I have never used a free SIM that Virgin gave me a while back and I certainly don't want an O2 SIM.

I have replied to the email they have sent me asking to cancel everything - I will choose a new broadband and TV provider who is more trustworthy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lynbandit wrote:

I have received an email today saying that I have changed my contract and upgraded my service.  I have done no such thing.  I am also getting bills for an O2 SIM.  I have never used a free SIM that Virgin gave me a while back and I certainly don't want an O2 SIM.

I have replied to the email they have sent me asking to cancel everything - I will choose a new broadband and TV provider who is more trustworthy.

Hi @lynbandit 

Reading between the lines I think you were previously on one of the old Oomph packages. Possibly the now discontinued Ultimate Oomph package which included a 'free' unlimited VM sim. 

With the Oomph packages you will have been billed separately for the sim, even though it was free as the 'cost' was included in the total amount that you paid to VM . You probably received monthly emails regarding the sim saying nothing to pay.  I once received a bill for my mobile sim for something like 45 pence, that was because I sent a picture via sms and that cost is an additional extra which wasn't included in the 'free' sim

VM are currently switching all the sims over to O2.  Going forward you would be charged by O2 for the sim, however you would also see a deduction of the same value from your VM bill so you wouldn't actually pay any extra overall.

The email you received thanking you for making those changes will have been sent automatically by the billing systems and will from a no-reply email address, so the reply you sent asking to cancel everything will not be actioned.

If you do still want to cancel then you have to use one of the methods detailed on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

call either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

write include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

or by online chat by clicking on the Live chat option on that page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

lynbandit
Tuning in

This is the email I got from Virgin Media <webteam@virginmedia.com>:

Subject: Thanks for making those changes!

"Hi  ,
Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract."

We've attached a receipt will full details of your new package, plus all the details of costs. If you have any questions about your bill, please visit My Virgin Media.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

Visiting the website they suggest offers no explanation nor help - just a chatbot that goes into an endless loop.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, lynbandit.
Welcome to our help forums and thanks for joining the VM community, glad to have you on board. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your contract and package and the confusion this has caused, we'd love to see how to best help you with this.

From what you share above we can advise that our email is confirming a change on your package/services however it explains this falls under your existing deal and not a new contract.

Could you please advise if you've made any changes or added any extras on your package so we can understand more?

Also, when logging on your online account can you see any changes to your contract end date and what's the service included / has this changed compared to what you had on before this communication reached you?

There must be as well an attachment which provides details for the package changes, attached to this email?
Does that give you any further insight?

Share more and we're eager to help further, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lynbandit wrote:

Hi @lynbandit 

Reading between the lines I think you were previously on one of the old Oomph packages. Possibly the now discontinued Ultimate Oomph package which included a 'free' unlimited VM sim. 

With the Oomph packages you will have been billed separately for the sim, even though it was free as the 'cost' was included in the total amount that you paid to VM . You probably received monthly emails regarding the sim saying nothing to pay.  I once received a bill for my mobile sim for something like 45 pence, that was because I sent a picture via sms and that cost is an additional extra which wasn't included in the 'free' sim

VM are currently switching all the sims over to O2.  Going forward you would be charged by O2 for the sim, however you would also see a deduction of the same value from your VM bill so you wouldn't actually pay any extra overall.

The email you received thanking you for making those changes will have been sent automatically by the billing systems and will from a no-reply email address, so the reply you sent asking to cancel everything will not be actioned.

If you do still want to cancel then you have to use one of the methods detailed on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

call either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

write include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

or by online chat by clicking on the Live chat option on that page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks,

I am being told I haven't paid for the O2 SIM.  I am not sure how they are billing me but they are threatening to take me to court already.  I will try to cancel everything from Virgin - this is too worrying.

Thanks for the advice.

This looks like a "back end" team change of some kind of SIM card.  Plus an upgrade to something called VOLT and 1GB broadband.  I now have a threatening note from O2 about a payment I haven't made.
I'm expecting the worst and that Virgin have signed me up for a further lengthy contract - I mean 1GB boradband sounds great but not sure I need it.  So hoping to get rid of the SIM and any charges and lose everything but broadband and stick on a reasonable cost package.  I hate it when companies try to bamboozle one with options and jargon that only they understand.  Obviously it makes sense to complicate things for the customer so that they are unable to do a like-for-like comparison with competition to find the best deal.  I hope everything can be sorted out - it's a shame this has happened like this.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @lynbandit 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lynbandit 

Thanks for joining me in PM and confirming everything is sorted 🙂

Please do pop back to the community should you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill