Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN SPAM texts

Have just signed up for virgin broadband package, picked an installation date in april. Last week was offered by text an earlier appointment which I accepted, then they rejected as I was transferring my old number. Fine i'll wait.

BUT now they still sending texts offering £50 for taking an earlier appointment, I've responded STOP but you seem to want to taunt me by continuing to offer. Is this the way with Virgin? should I be cancelling before my contract starts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN SPAM texts

Hi marting24, 

Welcome to our community forums!

I am sorry we've been bombarding with text messages. When are due to be installed? We do have to allow at least 14 days for a number port to be completed. 

Have the text messages stopped since your post? 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The texts have stopped now. My installation is 13 April but the dates being offered were within the next couple of days, so if need 14 days why bother. I'd love to get £50 off for changing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marting24,

If you are porting your number over to us, it is best to keep the 13th April date so that the porting process can occur smoothly (too many changes to the date can confuse the losing operator's system).

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK exactly!

Virgin know I'm porting a number so why even offer it then! Repeatedly! even after virgin have confirmed they can't do it.

Would suggest you use the sign up info better. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apologies again for any frustration this has caused marting24.

This is certainly not the start we would want for you, I will make sure your feedback is sent over to the relevant department for you.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos