Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MDEIA BAD BILLING

I have been a customer for VM from the start not that I have a choice as they are the only fiber boardband provider, before that i was with NTL from the start.

My problem started more than two years ago, and has been been ongoing for all that time and has never been sorted without myself getting on the phone "every" month.

My billing for the month is £27.00 no more no less, I'm sent a bill for £47.50 every month and if I don't ring up and ask them to adjust my bill they take out the £47.50 and have couple of time made me overdrawn.

They have sent me bills with the unpaid amount from the £47.50 incorrect bill, they have charged me once for not paying the £47.50 bill and I have spend hours on phone a more than a couple of times trying to stop this, they gave me a £27.00 credit as compension but billed me for not paying the £27.00 the next month by adding it to the 47.50 bill they send (3 months with that billing mistake). The list go's on and on what ever mistake can be made by this company from billing I have had done to my account.

It never makes any differance if they promise to fix it or say they are sorry because the system they use will alway make the higher bill. I'm guessing so many customers a year give up trying to get correct billing amount VM must be making bigger profit so why should they ever fix it !

I have been as high as I can on the phone COMPLAINING to the supervisors to the manager to the CS manager over the last 2 years about about this, But nothing ever gets done.

For the last 2 years and for what I can see untill another provider comes along and VM loose the monopaly on fiber boarband I'm going to have to ring up every month for fix this myself for the rest of my life.

I want to know how to stop this comany from doing this to me every month. please this is frustrating, I feel they are just picking on me every month making me feel down and they don't care because I need the service. I have always felt talking to a person about this would work but I longer have the strenght to argue and complain on the phone every month and need help to get out of this rut.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN MDEIA BAD BILLING

What package are you on?

The cheapest deal now available at £27 is for 100 Mb BB & Phone, & is only an introductory deal for new customers not existing ones. It increases to £51 a month after the first 18 months.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have boarband and phone I pay £27.00 a month last year it was 27.50

How is your question going to help me with my problem ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When you joined were you paying £27.00 per month but after 12 or 18 months it went up to £47.50?
If yes then the £47.50 was an introductory offer which expired after the allotted time. You’re now paying the standard price for out of contract users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This has been may basic prIce for 2 years and is untill feb 2021, never mind I'm paying  £47.50 on my contract it says £27.00 and they bill me for 47.50. I will never be paying them £47.50 and there is no such thing as standard price it is the highest price they will offer you and it's down to you to get a better price. Sound like you excepted to pay them £47.50.

Still no use with the problem because your hung up on the price not the facts.

PS.I've been customer longer than Virgin media owned the company like I said.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

your best to wait for a forum team to come by but i dont know what they can do about billing ect, if you have only been speaking to offsore try gettin to retentions or someone form the UK they tend to be much more able to do things and compentant
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We’re just fellow users like yourself so I’m asking questions in order to assist you. I’ve been a user since the old Cable & Wireless days.
Every 12 months I have to renegotiate my contract. I’ve never paid £47.50 pm.

Usually 18 months is the maximum contract, after this you’ll be moved to the standard contract. I’ve never heard of a 24 month + contract.

You should await a mod to reply if you feel you’re being overcharged.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've been talking to all uk and aboard, and I've been as far as not excepting any free month because the next month they bill me for it and I can't prove anything unless I record calls. they have a file that takes them miniuts to read in the uk,but given not given to aboard.After some time on the phone to uk that takes a while because aboard won't pass me on without an agrument . i get it fixed only to be charge again next month and start all over.
Thank you for your answer first person I think read my question.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry if I came across a little sharp but I feel your did not read my question before replying and now with " you feel your being overcharged " I ringing up month after month to fix my own billing before they overcharge me that's the problem I have.

Mod thing that was of use thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi justanumber2u,

I'm sorry about the ongoing billing issues you've had with us so far and I'd like to take a look and check the details with you so I'll send you a Private Message.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos