Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

VAT Invoice

Can someone please help me in getting VAT invoices for my account.

I rang 150 back in February requesting VAT invoices. I gave them my VAT number & they said they would get the invoices arranged & sent to my Virgin Media email. I was told this would take upto 2 weeks. I have not had anything & now cannot get hold of anyone in billing to find out whats happening.

I have read a few posts, on here, of people having issues getting these from Virginmedia.

I have always been under the impression that it was law to provide, if requested, a VAT invoice.

Can someone get back to me with an update or solution please.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: VAT Invoice

Hello Virginmedia.

I understand a lot of staff are having to work from home, at the moment, but is there anyone available to answer my question?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Are you a VM Business Customer?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This would only apply if you have a business account. If you have a standard home account then VAT is not charged separately and can not be invoiced. Also any billing query or issue can only be dealt with by customer services directly due to DPA needs to be confirmed in full first.

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am self employed (sole trader). 

As I work from home the package I have serves both my personal & work use. I do not require a business package.

I am confused that when I called to request this back in February I was told this wasn'tI a problem as long as I could provide my VAT number, which I did. I have also read various posts from customers having issues but finally getting VAT invoices, even from residential services. 

From what I understand i do not need to have a business account to be able to receive VAT invoices.

UK law says (Reg 13) that where a taxable person makes a supply to a UK registered person they must provide a VAT invoice.

I really don't want to have to go down the route of complaining & reporting this.

Are the departments that deal with these matters still open as i need to get this sorted out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Residential broadband is not to be used for everyday work purposes - obviously there are exceptions to this such as the current “pandemic”. 

If you had a business broadband package I’m sure there would be people to help, but support to residential customers at present is limited. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As I previously stated I do not need a business broadband package.

The only advantages from residential broadband are "guarantee the best service levels, security, and peace of mind" This is taken directly from Virginmedia's website.

The services my residential broadband offer me are more than enough for what I need for work purposes. I do not need the extra guarantee of service levels, security & peace of mind that a more expensive business package offers. 

On occasions when broadband has failed I have called Virginmedia support to report the issues & explained I work from home & not once have I been informed I cannot use residential broadband for business use. Is this stipulated in the terms & conditions? I can not find it if it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad...

8. Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using internet access for domestic purposes, for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer.  We have other more appropriate packages such as Homeworks, and for small business use there are services provided for by Virgin Media Business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply Gary.

Just to inform you that I do have the Homeworks package on my account.

And even if i didn't I wouldn't warrant my business/residential use as over the top. I pay for the highest package you offer & as i previously stated this also include Homeworks, for people who work from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok, So its been 2 weeks now since I first posted & 2 months since I originally contacted Virginmedia, although I am fully aware of the current situation there is no reason that I can see as to why my request cannot be fulfilled.

Can someone at Virgin Media please contact me so I can get these VAT invoices, I have read numerous posts of people requesting VAT invoices & being messed around for weeks on end. I am not prepared to wait any longer.

Bottom line is. I requested these in February 2020. Was told it would take 14 days. Had nothing, Then no one, now, available via telephone so posted on here to requested an update. I am now still in the same situation I was in two months ago, no VAT invoices.

As I already stated I, & anyone else in the same situation are, am entitled to receive these by law, I am VAT registered, I have supplied my VAT number to Virginmedia on the phone back in February 2020 but still as hitting a dead end.  It looks like I am going to have to go through the process now of reporting this & will be contacting the relevant bodies before the end of this week (W/C 13-04-20). I didn't want to go down this route & really didn't think I would be having to! at the end of the day I'm only requesting what I'm legally entitled to & with Virginmedia being such a big company with plenty of experience why are you failing so much on this matter? I will be making a complaint with you if this matter is not sorted by the end of the week & I will also be reporting you for failing to provide VAT receipts upon requested from a registered VAT person.

0 Kudos