Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Utter frustration

Can anyone help please? At the start of lockdown, I called Virgin and reduced my package to cut costs. Got rid of SkySp and reduced the tv package. Great. The other 2 things were reducing my broadband to 50m and disconnecting the box upstairs. Asked the very nice man I spoke to if in a couple of months, i can ring up and increase my broadband speed and reconnect my upstairs box again and he said yes and if you're going to do that don't return the box. Lovely. Thank you. 3 months later I have rung up and also been cold called but it seems that it's impossible to do these things! There is currently a deal I can have to go back to 100m broadband for an extra £2 a month, so asked for that and to switch the other box on. Yep but that's £135 installation fee. No, the box is there. Well you shouldn't have the box so you'll have to send it back and we'll send you a new one. Anyway can I do it? Mmm well I dont see the £2 broadband deal... I gave up. The cold call was more interested in selling me a £130 a month deal, and then a £61 a month deal which had the broadband but no box. Again with the installation fee and you shouldn't have a box! I just want to up my broadband and my extra box switched back on... can anyone tell me who I can speak to or complain to? Its driving me nuts to be honest. I dont want more landline minutes! I've never used the flipping thing! I don't even know the number! I don't want all the extras, I just want to up my broadband and my extra box back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utter frustration

Hi Mickeyblue,

You will need to regrade the full package to increase your broadband speed. You can haggle over the installation fee on that call. To be honest your second box should have been returned. You will still have to pay a reactivation fee for the second box.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newapollo 

The £2 deal is an upgrade with loyalty discount, which is on the VM site but when I click on it, it says to ring because they can't do it online. When I ring they say they don't know of this deal... it's so frustrating. I didn't know the box should've been sent back but again it's just frustrating. Nobody has offered to send me the packaging to send it back. I'll happily send it back! Its ancient anyway haha. But to charge £135 to plug a box in is extortionate! I didn't pay that much when the engineer came out and did the wiring and installation! I'm just disappointed that this whole thing seems to be so difficult. I've been a customer for years and years and recently have had nothing but issues with both Virgin mobile and Media. It's just so disappointing. Thanks for your advice though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Mickey,

I would go down the route, thinking of leaving us on the phone. They have access to more systems and offers than normal CS, so they may be able put you on the offer that was suggested. The problem is you can call VM one day and be offered a package and the next day it's replaced by something else. This happens with BT and Sky as well. If phoning use the 150 from your landline and try and call at 8am as it's not as busy. 

I know the agent said no need to return the box, I'm honestly not sure of the protocol if you've said you'll call back in a few months to change the package,  but they probably didn't order a returns pack anyway due to the CoronaVirus. 

.   https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

the sub heading, Can I return my equipment?

Normally, we ask you to return your kit. That’s because while you're with us, you rent your kit, rather than own it. But as the government advice is to stay home, we don’t want to ask customers to venture outside to post kit back to us. We’ll drop you a line at a later date to organise the return through CollectPlus, or one of our key workers will safely collect it from your doorstep so we can help to keep other people connected. For now, please keep your kit somewhere safe.

Hoping you get sorted.

Stay safe

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos