Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Username

Basically I've held a VM account in the past and now I've placed another order for broadband.

I've completed the order with my normal email address and on this address I received the contract, order confirmation and all other relevant emails.

A few days ago I received a link to register for a VM account. When trying to register, I am asked for surname account number and area ref. I input all of these and my main email pops up as a pre-selected username suggestion. I want to have this email as the username however when I try to register it says :

Sorry, this username is not available. Please enter another username and try again.

I want someone to update my old details with the new ones or at least just remove the old account entirely. I want to use this email as the username. I do not want to use any other email addresses as that will confuse things tenfold.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username

you can't use an account that has been used in the past for security reasons. Once an email has been removed from the system it can never be reused again

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username

If I don’t have another email address what can I do?

0 Kudos