Menu
NeilK24
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Username already used by my old account

I recently moved house and had Virgin in my old address. I have had Virgin installed at my new address and have been given a new account number at my new address and now I can't register for anything (my virgin app, TV go etc) because my email address is connected to my old (and now closed) account.

I have contacted Virgin twice (on the phone for more than an hour) and both times, an IT ticket has been raised but nothing has been done.

How long can I expect to wait for such a simple job to move my username from my old account to my new one?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username already used by my old account

Hi NeilK24, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had problems registering your new account online. Did you speak with the mover's team about transferring your account to the new property? If so then your sign-in details would usually just transfer over to the new account when you move.

If they're not working then an IT ticket would need to be raised- these usually take around 5 working days. Were you given a ref.# for the ticket?

Tom

0 Kudos
NeilK24
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Tom.

The mover team just said everything would be transferred over. When the engineer arrived, he said it was strange as it was down as a new install rather than a moving house. (I suppose an alarm bell should have rung then.)

I wasn't given the reference for the 1st ticket I got but the one I got recently is P010199254

I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to get an update from the IT department as it takes so long to speak to anyone these days.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

I've had a look at the ticket and you should now be able to set up a new account. 

Please let us know if this doesn't work and we'll take some more details via personal message. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
NeilK24
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma.

I have tried to register a new account and it tells me that I already have an account and when I log in with that, it tells me that I'm no longer a customer.

Please help. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No worries, we'll need to grab some more details via a personal message and get it all sorted. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Melvb
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Forget it, change to another ISP
I have a similar problem with an old account stopping me registering a new account, I got broadband 9 weeks ago after being a customer 2 years ago, and after well over 400 messages on there chat support since that time, they cannot fix it.
Its not possible to complain either as you have to log into your account to do that.
I was told this was a common problem, seems like they dont want returning customers, which is effectively what you are now.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

for security reason you can't register an email address that has been used before.
0 Kudos
Melvb
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well thats a fail by Virgin, how many people have lots of email addresses (that they monitor and not just create and forget)
However I tried other email addresses, gmail, non gmail, non of them worked, even their support tried without success.
After 9 weeks and over 400 messages, their support still has not managed to get me an online account to log into.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello Melvb

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the online account issue and likewise I'll PM you to resolve

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos