Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Useless customer services

Why do virgin media customer services not respond to my requests for help and to sort out why they have overcharged me. I’ve had problems since the contract start, faulty hub, and overcharged. Finally got new hub, over charging not resolved but promised a £15 refund, but never got it after 2 months Despite phone calls, texts, emails, and chat I have not even been given the courtesy of a response. Why do they treat customers who have been with them for 17 years in this way ? Advice please.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Useless customer services

Read and follow the VM complaints Code of Practice.  I always recommend putting complaints in writing and sending by recorded post.  If VM can't sort your complaint out to your complete satisfaction, then after eight weeks you can escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  Obviously this is slow, but probably better than the misery of trying to contact VM by phone, and getting fobbed off again with promises that will certainly not be kept.

Make sure your complaint is clear, starts from the beginning, includes as much detail as possible on the contacts you've had with VM, including (if relevant) any rudeness or being cut off or disconnected.  It should also specify exactly what you want: Correct charging in future, refund of previous over-charges, and a generous "goodwill gesture" (compensation) for the hassle, wasted time, broken promises and sheer unpleasant inconvenience of the whole thing.  

If the forum staff can grab this and get it sorted that will be quicker and easier for both parties, but don't settle for any compromise or inadequate goodwill gesture just because it's easy.  They've messed up, they need to make good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless customer services

Thanks for that info, let’s hope for a resolution.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Idiots

Well, got another email regarding my numerous emails, phone calls, chats, texts etc trying to resolve the complaints I have made over the last few months. The email stated customer services have tried to contact me but couldn’t, so that is the resolution to my problem.!

are these people really so stupid, or just taking the **bleep**, and trying to lose long-standing customers.?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Idiots

It's part of the long standing and poorly designed VM complaints process.  VM know that most people are easily put off, so by sending an email that says "couldn't get hold of you, so will close your complaint unless you (somehow) get in touch with us" they know many people will give up.

In your case, if the complaint has been rumbling on for a couple of months then you should be good to go to CISAS now or in a few days - whether VM regard it as open or closed is neither here nor there, the rules are that if you're not happy with VM's handling of a complaint after eight weeks, you can use the arbitration service.  Read the CISAS guidance and follow it, and make sure that the complaint is as detailed as possible, along with the outcome you want. 

CISAS won't be a quick outcome either, but as only one in five complaints are found in the comapny's favour the odds of a successful outcome are good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just had an email saying a complaint has been resolved when it hasn't been discussed or agreed with me! Someone is telling porkies to reduce their workload.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hotpotdave, thanks for the message and sorry for the delay in replying to you. I am sorry to hear that you have had issues and needed to raise a complaint. It is saddening to hear that the complaint is closed and this is usually when we have tried to contact you and have written the final response. Can you confirm what resolution you are looking for? Chris 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I’ve had numerous problems over the months, loss of service, faulty hub, overcharging on start of contract.

finally got a new hub, but overcharging not resolved.

I was told I would have a £15 refund on my next bill as a ‘gesture’ I accepted this, but not had it after three bills.

I have contacted virgin asking for this refund over twenty times, the only response I’ve had is TWO emails telling me they have tried to contact me but couldn’t and that is their resolution to my complaints.

all I want is the promised £15 refund. Not complicated, easy to do. Lose a customer of 17 years for £15. Very poor customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hotpotdave, I will send you a private message to look into this for you. Chris 

0 Kudos