Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless customer service

Alty17
Joining in
  1. Where do I start….
  2. Have been with Virgin for probably around 15 years
  3. Contract was up maybe 12 months ago and went on to a rolling contract.
  4. Called to cancel in April 2023, girl somehow (I gave up the will to live because she couldn’t answer a question straight) and  I signed up to a new contract.
  5. Paid extra PM for a 3rd box and paid for a engineer to come and fit it.
  6. Engineer came out, replaced a working box (although was a bit slow) and knew nothing about a new 3rd box.
  7. Engineer also ‘kindly’ plugged my phone into new B-road band hub.
  8. No phone line until end of June when the switch over was. Yet I was still paying for it.
  9. Now August and still no 3rd box.
  10. Getting a bit annoyed I took day off and paid £35 work for a useless engineer visit and still paying every month for a 3rd box I still don’t have!
  11. Have called maybe 8 times in previous 10 days to cancel. They won’t cancel as I am still on contract, even though they are not providing what I am paying for. They state I just pay an early cancellation fee, which I agree with, if you were providing what I’m actually paying for.
  12. Lies on every phone call, nobody calls back, and still waiting for a reply from a Manager regarding this. Just called for an update and was told there is no longer a cancellation department and nobody in this company works from home. Well the call on Tuesday and Wednesday I was out through to Scottish people in the cancellation department working from home. Very odd.
  13. Now been told to wait until Monday for a call back to cancel…..while I’m still paying for services I’ve NEVER received.
  14. Just let me cancel my contract!!!!

Would love someone somewhere in Virgin with an ounce of common sense to read this and look at my account to resolve. It really is simple. And all calls are only one way.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alty17,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a poor customer experience with us and that you were signed up for a contract that was not explained to you in full and that you've not received your promised equipment. This is not the service we aim to provide and I do apologise that this has happened.

I'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you and see how I can assist. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So, @paulina_Z sent me a DM and @Natalie_L sent me a DM. Both asking for personal details to pass security. No problem. However Natalie asked questions nobody from Virgin has ever asked before….to confirm bank details….dodgy! Natalie assured me with is standard company practice, yet NOBODY from Virgin has ever asked for this ‘standard company practice’ question.

dodgy, and to anyone reading this, as a first timer myself on this forum, I massively urge you not to bother replying to these forum people. I thought they were being helpful as they DM’d me very quickly, yet there has been no follow up at all. 

Hi Alty17,

Thanks for coming back to us. We can certainly understand your concerns, however we can assure you this is not a scam. As we have an alternative way to pass security on our community forums this is standard procedure.

Unless you're able to pass security with us, we will not be able to assist you further.

If you don't feel comfortable answering these questions, you can call our team on 150/0345 454 1111 or use our WhatsApp messaging service on 0730 532 7112.

Kind regards Jodi.