Menu
Kimmylouise
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Urgent help with payments

For the past 2 weeks I've been trying to get in some sort of contact with virgin regarding payments to my bills yet no one has helped me. I have 3 children who are using the home internet for home schooling for the next month! I have a bill of £91 due but due to not having regular work because of covid I am unable to pay the whole thing at one time. Someone told me that my internet will be restricted on the 18th which is tomorrow and I've tried my hardest to get a resolution to this problem but your customer service is atrocious! I can pay £40 towards this bill this week but I just want to make sure I don't get restricted due to the fact my kids need the internet for their school work! I don't know how many times I have to ask and ask and try to get in contact with someone but no one ever answers or messages back! I need this resolved urgently!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent help with payments

Unless you pay in full your services will be cut off

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if the bill is not paid in full on time the services will get suspended. That is an automated process.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Kimmylouise 

Hi.  As this is a community forum you will normally get a response from another Forum members which would give you the impression that nothing can be done and you will get your services disconnected or restricted.  However if you look at VM's official published and public policy on payment difficulties during the virus emergency you will see an entirely different approach being offered. VM are prepared to discuss payment difficulties with customers. The only problem is getting through to the right people:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

And here is the extract from that published policy that is more helpful in your situation:

Payment

We’re doing all we can to help our customers if they find it difficult to pay their Virgin Media bill during this time. We continue to speak to individual customers to offer support where it’s needed.

You will have to deal direct with VM. The Forum staff here have no access to your account and never usually intervene in billing issues like this. You might find it best to phone VM at 8am tomorrow when their lines open for business. There are lots of reports that this is the best time to ring - select the accounts and billing option on the phone menu.

There is also the possibility of talking to VM about a reduced cost package that might help going forward. That package is restricted to people on Universal Credit

I don't envy your task in the current circumstances. I'd certainly pay what you can afford as soon as possible after you have spoken to VM and if you don't get through pay anyway. That will put you in a good position to get a payment plan from VM.

What I will do is draw this thread to the attention of the staff here to see if they want to add anything to what has been said.  Be prepared for some heavy phone dialling activity tomorrow morning.  I don't want to raise false expectations.  Best I can offer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

but if you do not call in the account will get suspended its automatic 😉
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimmylouise,

Sorry to see you having a few problems. I suggest you speak to the Collections team and see if they can help.

The link explains how they can help and a freephone contact number. Unfortunately they are closed on a Sunday.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Kimmylouise
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

does anyone know what time they restrict your services?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Kimmylouise,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been unable to speak to our team.

Under normal circumstances a customer can have the bill, or even parts of the bill unpaid for 14 days after the next bill is generated. 

For example, if you had a bill for lets say £100 on 1st of January, you would then be required to clear the full £100 before the next bill is issued on 1st of February. 

If there is any outstanding amount from the £100 January bill on the 1st of February, this would be carried over, along with the late payment charge of £7.50. You would then have 14 days to only clear whatever remains from the January bill.

At midnight of the 15th day your services would be restricted until the amount is paid. However, this restriction can be overridden with an extension in place with our collections team.

What I'd advise doing is calling us as soon as possible and requesting to speak to our Collections Team to have an extension put in place to give you a little more breathing space. 

If you can make a payment over the phone that would also be helpful too, although I understand that's much easier said than done. 

It may also be worth seeing if you're still in contract whilst on the phone to us, if you're out of contract, you may be able to make a few money saving changes to your package, which can be altered again in future when Covid restrictions are lifted, and your able return to a new normal.

If you need any further support, feel free to come back to us and we'll be happy to assist where possible. 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn