Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Urgent Credit File Amendment

Hi there 

I urgently need to get hold of the Credit File Amendment team as there is an incorrect Default on my Credit Report which is preventing me getting a mortgage and I am in the process of buying a house (solicitors and surveys already paid for!). 

I moved out of tenanted address in June 2019 having paid all of my monthly bills. I then received a call from a debt collection agency on 28th November 2019 saying that I hadn't paid my final installment. This was the first I had heard of it having received no communication from Virgin Media, but immediately paid (£35) and received confirmation the account was cleared and closed. 

My credit report is showing I defaulted on this payment in December which is clearly incorrect - The fact that I also received no communication that my account was in arrears is not acceptable.

I need this to be updated urgently and so would appreciate this being escalated. I have emailed and written to the Credit File Amendment team but the automatic response has said it is a 10 day waiting time which I don't have as I will lose the house! 

Please Virgin can you help me get this resolved. 

Thanks

Henry  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent Credit File Amendment

Hi HenryRicks,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you.

I am sorry to hear that your credit file has been affected by a bill you weren't aware of, as you have already contact the credit file amendment team as it is an SLA of 10 days there isn't anything further we can do to escalate this, I am sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recently whilst re mortgaging my property I was informed that I had a default registered against my name for an unpaid Virgin Media Bill in February 2017.

I have spoken to your billing team and they have confirmed that no such debt exists, that my old account was closed and confirmed that your records show that I moved out of the aforementioned property in December 2016.

I do not understand that EQUIFAX show that the account is up to date and NO DEFAULT but the file you have supplied to EXPERIAN shows an UNSETTLED DEFAULT;

How can this happen?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wjcbrooker,

Thanks for your post. You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

• Name
  • Account Holders Name
  • Full Address where you had the services
  • A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file
  • Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

• By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
  • Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos