cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload increase hasn't arrived

Perostek
On our wavelength

Hi

I'm on Gig1 but haven't received the recent upload increase yet. I've rebooted the hub a few times but no joy.

Looking at some of the other solutions on here I don't seem to have the 5 upload channels I need. Is this correct or am I barking up the wrong tree? The diagnostics are set out below:

Perostek_0-1686234990898.png

If so what do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Cheers

12 REPLIES 12

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Perostel, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are sorry to hear you have not yet received the update for your upload speed, we can look in to this. 

Can you please run a speed test on a wired connection and post the results for both your upload and download speeds? 

You can run the test from here

Thanks, 

Nat

Perostek
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The link you gave me said that it couldn't find any problems and to reboot the hub (no speedtest option).

Thinkbroadband give me: 591 down and 44 up

Internet speedtest gives me: 773 down and 52.3 up. 

Both are on a wired connection. My phone on wireless gives 52 up.

Many thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

You don't have a DOCSIS 3.1 upstream channel, so you won't get the speed upgrade.

Thanks for your reply. 

As I'm on Gig1 is there a reason I don't have docsis 3.1? What do I need to do to rectify this? 

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us Perostek, I will be happy take a further look into this for you but firstly, I will need to take some details from you via private message, so that we can get passed account security and investigate this for you. Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Perostek
On our wavelength

Thanks very much Steven. Info sent. 

Cheers 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome Dominic and if you get chance, please let me know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Perostek
On our wavelength

Thanks for this. The engineer has come - there is nothing he can do about the upload speed as I'm not in an area that allows it but he did fix some high voltage levels on the downstream so that's all good.

I do think that Virgin should tell people that they will get an upload increase but ONLY in areas that allow it rather than giving the expectation that it is a blanket thing, but overall I'm satisfied.

Hi @Perostek.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies you are still having upload speed issues, please find this reading matter to help you further on upload speeds 👉 Speeds. If you would run a speed check using this checker 👉 Speed Checker and let us know the upload if it is comparable to the speed guidance we have listed on our website.

Thanks.

Sabrina