Menu
GhostlingNE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from M100 to M350

I'm currently thinking about Upgrading from M100 to M350 because I have been given a discount but I have a few questions.

1. When I upgrade even though my payment date is in like 5 days or so. Will my payment be the new amount or the old amount?

2. Will I be getting a new router as they are both Fibre Optic?

3. When will I get a noticeable change of speed or when will the change over to the new package happen ?

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading from M100 to M350

@GhostlingNE wrote:

I'm currently thinking about Upgrading from M100 to M350 because I have been given a discount but I have a few questions.

1. When I upgrade even though my payment date is in like 5 days or so. Will my payment be the new amount or the old amount?

2. Will I be getting a new router as they are both Fibre Optic?

3. When will I get a noticeable change of speed or when will the change over to the new package happen ?

VM will adjust next bill based on remaining period of existing bill cycle being at the new price, so it will be a hybrid bill of old package and new package. Then next full bill period will be at new package level. 

As soon  as you phone and agree a new contract, the new speed will come into effect hence the hybrid billing

As your moving from M100 to M350 there will be no hardware replacement as hub3 supports upto M600.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
GhostlingNE
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When you say "As soon  as you phone and agree a new contract" does that mean I have to call them because the problem I have is that I dont really have a phone to contact them on. If I do the upgrade on the app will it not just go though ?

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies, i said phone as I always phone to make changes!

Yes in the app you can also upgrade. This will be immediate and you may see hardware reset and it turn off and on to activate or you may need to do this yourself. You will get a new contract with the changes and advised of the next bill changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
GhostlingNE
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much 😊

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In regards to the above, because you're doing it online if you already have a bill pending for your old package then that will need to be paid, from there you may have a prorata charge as you'll be taking the services from that day until your next cycle so you may pay more in the bill after to which it will then be billed as your normal amount of the agreed package. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos