Menu
hdd
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrades On Offer

OK, I’ll admit I was just being curious but I am blooming annoyed and frustrated. In the  TV & Broadband sections of my account were links to upgrades on offer. I click and nothing. I’m told to chat - Mon to Fri office hours of course. I like to know, before I speak to a VM person, what my options could be so that a) I’m informed & b) I don’t feel pressured into agreeing an upgrade I don’t know enough about.

please, please VM, don’t do this. You have taken away my ability to read about different packages and research so I choose the best package for me. I now have to rely on hearing my options or, worse still, chatting in the ‘Chat Box’. I really feel for the VM staff dealing with these queries. The level of knowledge and patience they must have must be amazing.

So, why have the links to the shop area gone? 

Always learning!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrades On Offer

IMHO - the best way to check standard pricing and compare various different bundles is using the build a bundle checker. You can tweak/add/remove combinations to suit your requirements, and see what impact any changes have on the package price.

Once you have an idea as to what combination of services you want, then the most reliable way to get a "re-contract" price is to call VM and speak to an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hdd
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much. I have been trawling around the website and have never come across that. 
Much appreciated 

Always learning!
0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You couldn’t make it up. I clicked on your link, got excited then clicked again and was brought back to my account page.

Always learning!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, you've gone for the "existing customer" link on that page. Choose "I'm moving here and am new to Virgin".

Although on the subject of learning, you may not realise but you have a short time after posting to edit your post rather than needing to add multiple replies. Just click "post options" in the top-right, and "edit reply"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Aha, yes I was just thinking that. Good call. Thanks again.

Always learning!
0 Kudos