Menu
Oilypalmes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded

I have no contact with virgin media my account finished years ago so how comes my account has been upgraded and i didn’t ask for this 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded

You're always in a contract with VM.  There's the fixed term periods that apply when you join, negotiate a discount, or if YOU change any of the terms of your contract (change speed or bundle).  If VM change something, that can change your contract in terms of speed, price and bundle, but they can't impose a new fixed term for a change from their side (eg the speed change from 500 to 600 Mbps for selected packages or the 50 to 100 upgrade).

So what change are you concerned about, did you do anything to invoke any change, and what's showing in "My Virgin Media" ?  That should show any fixed term contract end date, even if that date is in the past.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oilypalmes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only thing I can think of is i had issues with my TiVo box resetting itself i told virgin about this and i got a new box nothing was mentioned to my that my account would be upgraded 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But what about your account, package or contract has been "upgraded"? 

And has that either put you in a new, unexpected 18 month fixed term contract, or changed the price in a way that you don't like?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oilypalmes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have not changed my package or upgraded anything i have no start date on my account all it says is that it was changed on the 13 December 

0 Kudos