Menu
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

On the 28th December I upgraded my package, I have received a confirmation email with the 2 chosen dates, those have since passed, no further contact from Virgin Media ??

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

Hi @Hudz750

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the complaint was resolved via a new box and also a new remote,

If you have any further issues, please let us know publicly on the forums and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

We received the remote control yesterday, thank you for sorting that out for us.

Can you help us with an issue with our phone line please, we have had it reconnected, just bought a phone and plugged it into the Burnside device but when we try to make a call we get a message telling us that there is an issue and we can only make emergency calls, we don't have enough credit ?

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, 

Thank you for coming back to us with a update, I am glad to hear you have now received your remote, I am sorry to hear you are now having issues with your phoneline, 

I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, can you expand a little on the issue you are having and advise what a Burnside device is?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The Burnside TX-2LR-VM device is what plugs into the hub to provide us with a phone line, we couldn't get it to work so took the cover off and realised that a plug inside was not connected, we plugged that in, now have a dialling tone but when we try to make a call we get a recording that says "Sorry, there is a problem with your phone service, your don't have enough credit" then gives me options to top up ? for a landline??

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have also tried calling the landline from my mobile, it doesn't work ...........

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hudz750, 

Can you add a image of the device and set up so I can get a better idea and be able to get some further help for this?

Regards

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

House phone set up.jpg

The device is to the right, the grey one with 3 lights

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Hudz750 A quick Google suggests that a Burnside device is used for connecting landline phones to a mobile network. With VM your phone should be connected directly to the VM hub with no third party kit in between.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This device was installed by Virgin Media, apparently for vulnerable customers, our search suggests that this particular device/model is discontinue, i'm getting so tired of these issues now, one thing after another 😕

0 Kudos