Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

I upgraded from 100 to 350 mbps on Friday 27th March but have seen absolutely no difference.I am still getting under 10mbps.Can the upgrade be frozen until the broadband gets back to normality as i am simply paying more for the same service.

I know that the system is slower because of the amount of home working but i don't understand why my speed is so awful.Under normal circumstances i am supposed to be guaranteed 50% of my 350 mbps.

Is everyone getting the same speed and if so shouldn't the higher speed payers be conmpensated as they are getting the same speed as a 50mbps customer who is paying less?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

‘Still getting under 10’

Did you not investigate why your speed was so poor, rather than upgrading?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes i did and it was apparently because i had  20 devices using my wifi and i was told this was slowing my speed down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I highly doubt you had all 20 devices using the connection simultaneously.

I think someone has been fobbing you off.

Have you tried measuring the speed with an ethernet (cabled) connection to see if it's a wifi problem ?

Make a connection with an ethernet cable to a laptop (assuming you have one) and see what speeds you get.

0 Kudos