cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Volt/Gig1 not activated after 2 weeks

SoundOfSilence
Tuning in

Hi,

I upgraded/renewed my contract on the 11th of December.

The package was Volt Gig1 with a 10GB O2 SIM for £36pm+£10pm for the SIM.

I received an order confirmation email which stated that my activation should take place within 10 working days.

By my calculation (excluding weekends & the 25th/26th), my package should've been activated yesterday at the absolute latest.

I've still not received my O2 SIM or any other communication since my order.

I would've expected the upgrade to have taken hours or days, not weeks, and at this rate I'm going to fall out of contract and no doubt be charged 2x my current rate.

Can someone advise what it going on?

I have my order number which I can send via PM.

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SoundOfSilence 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

I can see you've been in touch with the team since you posted. Have they provided clarity on the situation?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried contacting the support team via WhatsApp and they attempted to rebuild my package and push it through but were unable to match the price on my original order?! So this is still unresolved.

I'm unsure why they're unable to just activate my pre-existing order?

SoundOfSilence
Tuning in

I'm still battling with support via WhatsApp, the support agent said they would try to recreate the package on their side and told me to "stay on the line" every 30 minutes for the previous two hours, with the chat now going silent. I suspect they may have gone home...

The agent told me that my renewal order never existed, despite me providing a screenshot of the order confirmation and providing an order number. I'll be amazed if I signed a contract and it's somehow been lost to the ether, that would be reportable to both Ofcom & ICO, anyways... The same package deal is still available via the "change your package" page online but I suspect that if I order it again (and sign another contract) that I will just be repeating the same fate - waiting two weeks to find the package unactivated (or sent straight to the recycling bin it seems). I'll give it one more day and if it remains unresolved I will just cancel my contract before the out-of-contract price hike in January (assuming cancellation is straightforward) & wash my hands of it.

Hi @SoundOfSilence, no problem at all.

Have you received a CIS/CSS Document for the offer?

Regards,
Daniel

SoundOfSilence
Tuning in

Yes. Received both the pre-contract documents (CIS & CSS) and I then received an order confirmation email with the order summary and order reference number. Happy to provide the PDFs, Screenshots, Contract Summary no. & order ref. via PM.

Hi @SoundOfSilence, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel