Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to Gibabit

Does anyone know how to upgrade to Gigabit? I am in the Edinburgh EH4 area, I understand tis available here (thats what the checker on the Virgin website says) but cant see anywhere on the website to upgrade, its only offering a 500mb option.

thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to Gibabit

What did they say when you called up? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, did not realise that "there is a number to call" what is it please?

thnaks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bit odd, I just want to upgrade to gigabit, a service which is available in my area. Is there not a website / portal / customer number for this?

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

if the website does not give you the option to upgrade to gigabit then it may not be available to your particular property.

if you want to speak to somone about it then simply call the usual CS number, 150 (on a VM phone) or the usual 0345 454 1111 (all of which is listed on the virgin website).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it's very odd, at some points on the web site it says I can't get gigabit but then on other pages the checker says I can get it. I was on the phone recently discussing a new package and asked about gigabit but they wouldn't even quote me as they said I didn't really need it. It's almost like they didn't want to sell it to me. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Domhnall

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues there. Have you managed to speak with the team regarding this? They are best poised to assist you with the upgrade. Sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever have any luck?

I'm in the exact same boat as you, and have been trying to get through to somebody that can arrange this since the 13th.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

not yet. I work for another telecoms provider so used my contacts at VM, my case was escalated to the Executive Care team 2 days ago but still heard nothing. 

0 Kudos