Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade query - ETA and any disruption?

I placed an order yesterdat to upgrade my package and have only received the confirmation email thus far.

From reading the other forum posts, it seems there are some long delays at the moment - coupled with the fact it's the weekend i'm not surprised i've not received further correspondence yet. How long should I be expecting to wait for my welcome pack/new service to go live?

Also, I really need to know if I can expect any form of disruption when the upgrade goes live? as both myself and partner are currently working from home so can't afford to be without internet!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade query - ETA and any disruption?

Hi Aldozilly,

If you placed the regrade over the phone then it's usually updated immediately.

Upgrading by any other method normally takes up to 48 hours, although as you rightly say, there are some delays at present.

The upgreade shouldn't affect your current services as it's basically the VM back office team changing the codes on your account to reflect the service change(s)

Have you tried rebooting your equipment?  This sometimes updates internet speed and TV packages.

If you have TV and have added or removed any part of that then you can try and force the box to update by using your remote control and going to

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the response,

I've not tried restarting anything yet as I assumed i'd be needing my welcome email as a confirmation prior to doing so.

I placed the upgrade order through the VM website so doesn't seem like i'll be getting such a speedy response then.

Glad to know there shouldn't be any disruption - I didn't think there would be, but the Mrs was worried!

Will try restarting the router/tv box anyway, see if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Dave, 

I received an email earlier stating my upgraded package was now live so I followed the steps to retune my TV and I'm now seeing the new channels. 

That said, I've also since restarted my router to try activate my new net speeds but unfortunately I'm still sitting at 200 instead of 350mb!

Any ideas on this one? 

Cheers, 

Aldo

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Aldo,

Thanks for the update, it's good to see the TV have now been actioned.

A reboot generally pushes the changes through, but I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere on the forums that the speed increases can take a little while longer, 

and it might be pushed through automatically in the early hours of the morning.

Your online account in My Virgin Media should confirm which speed you are going to be upgraded to. 

I'm pretty sure one of the VIP's or Forum Staff will correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Pleased to report that my new speeds have kicked in this morning - must have taken place early this morning like you said.

Cheers for the help!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aldozilly,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, most updates are done in the middle of the night, sglad to hear yours is now working.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Aldo,

Thanks for the update.

It's brilliant news that both your broadband and TV channels are now both updated.

Hopefully you can relax a little going forward.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

0 Kudos