cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade package

Keithozzy120
Joining in

I've logged into my account and noticed I've been offered an upgrade on my broadband speed for an extra £6 a month. This would mean I'd have to take out a new 18 month contract.

I currently have discounts applied to my account which run until December 2023.

Would these carry over onto the new 18 month contract or would they end in December this year?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I think you lose existing discounts as soon as the new online upgrade contract starts.

You might want to try renegotiating over the phone. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Keithozzy120 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

It's generally the case that any existing discounts are replaced by new discounts when signing up to a new 18-month contract. 

Does the upgrade offer specify the new monthly rate and the billing schedule going forward?

Thank you for your support @Cardiffman282 👍

Regards, 
Daniel

Keithozzy120
Joining in

Thank you both for your replies.

I had pre contract documents sent out stating my new total which had a * by it. The * meant I would be subject to the April 2024 price increase which I understand. These documents didn't mention any discounts which my existing contract does.

I think I'll contact them by phone to see what they say.

Thanks for the update @Keithozzy120 😊 Please let us know how you get on with the team. If you need any further help, we'll certainly be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules