Menu
Sassy-t
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade offers con

I upgraded my package via the virgin website. Same phone & broadband deal but next tv package up for an extra £12 a month. Had an email with the new offer details. Upgrade happened but contract price showed £58 instead of £44. Called & was told it was showing as £39 on my account. Called again & was told my old offer, when I joined, was still active so wasn’t showing new price & to call back when it finished (which was today)

I did live chat today to be told I cannot have that price as it was only on my previous package price (as in the terms & conditions) This was not made clear  in the upgrade email or webpage (I have the copy of the email stating the lower price for 12months) all live chat did was to try and upgrade me again for even more money! I feel conned & unable to get help anywhere else. Has anyone else had this problem & how do I solve it? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade offers con

chat takes you to offshore and their knowledge can not be the best at time

you need to speak to UK retentions - they are better and can look at other options so give them a ring

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Sassy-t
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice. Called them today & they sorted it within 20mins no problems. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sassy-t, 
Thanks for your post and for coming back and updating the thread. 

I'm glad all has since been sorted out for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos