Tuning in
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade offer not being processed

I took an upgrade offer on my online account, moving from

Full House TV
M100 Fibre Broadband
Talk Weekends

at a cost of £73 per month, to (from the VM web page)

Loyalty Discount of £27 for 18 months

Bigger Cinema Bundle

M350 Fibre Broadband
  • Average speed of 362Mbps
  • That's 5x faster than BT and Sky's fastest widely available average speeds˜
  • The UK's fastest widely available broadband
Maxit TV + Sky Cinema HD
  • 250+ channels
  • Virgin TV V6 box*
  • Sky Cinema
  • BT Sport 4K Ultra HD
  • Includes Comedy Central, Nat Geo Wild
  • Includes Sky On Demand and hayu*
  • Virgin Media Exclusives and Box Sets

Talk Weekends
  • Inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines, Virgin mobiles & 0870 numbers1
  • Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquiries on 118 180
  • Free voicemail
£3.00 extra a month
New monthly cost
First 18 Month £76.00

And then £103.00

One Off Cost
Activation fee£0.00

received a confirmation email on Wednesday afternoon, but since then nothing has happened.

When I rang up, I was told that there was nothing on the system, and that offer did not appear on their system (I can still currently see the offer) - I said could I have an email address to send screenshots and the confirmation email to, he gave me one, but all I get is "undeliverable, address does not exist on that domain.

The next time I tried to phone, after waiting for 15 minutes to get someone, they said "hello" then cut me off.

Just tried ringing again, and this time took the option to give them my mobile number, so they could text me a support link - I put my number in, as requested, the voice said "please wait, we’re just checking your details", then it went to dial tone, so I don’t know if it’s gone through...

I’m getting very frustrated now - I’ve been a customer for over 25 years.

Yours, in desperation 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade offer not being processed

Hi oldman56,

Regrades done over the phone are normally actioned immediately, any done online can take up to 48 hours to complete as they need to be processed manually.

It's very possible that the regrade hasn't gone through - but in hindsight that's good news.

You will actually get a better deal by speaking to either the regrades or retentions teams. I know it's another phone call, but I really believe you can get that package for a lot less than via your online account.

Explain you tried to regrade via your My Virgin Media, and ask what price can they do the deal for. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Dave

thanks for the advice - I’ll give it another 24 hours to see if anything happens.

If not, I’ll try the retentions team.

I’m happy to pay the £76 that’s on offer.

As an aside, it’s not good that online requests have to be processed by manual intervention (speaking as someone with 40 years experience in IT, including implementing Cable and Telecomms Billing Systems).

cheers

Hugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Did you receive your online offer before or after your contract finished? The reason is that my 12 month contract runs out within the next 25 days and I have almost the same package as you. Also, been a customer for 22 years.

All I get online is the ooops message under upgrades etc. I really want to know when I can start to discuss my options as the difference in pricing after my contract finishes is huge - especially now that contracts are for 18 months. Also, I suspect like you I have never benefitted from any new customer discount. Also, like you I am not too dissatisfied with my current price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forums - I am sorry to hear that the order you placed online hasn't been processed and put through just yet.

As @newapollo has advised, orders placed online can take longer to be processed then order placed over the phone with us, as these take immediate effect. The back office team who receive the orders and action them have been quite busy recently, so some orders which have been placed order are taking a little longer than usual to be processed, so while I know it may seem concerning, I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are still unable to see your order in a further 24 hours, please do let us know and we can go from there. Whilst we don't usually help with package changes here from the forums, if an order has not been processed correctly we are more than happy to look into this on our end.

Kind regards,

Beth

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Jomodu

My contract expired in September.

just to clarify (and not a complaint), VM didn’t offer me anything - I was looking on the VM website on a totally unrelated subject (to do with the Hub4), and I thought I would check what upgrades, if any, were available.

When I saw £3 cost for 350Mb and Sky Cinema HD, I took it straight away (well, tried to, anyway)...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Beth,

Thank you, I will do.

Hugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G (or other appropriate VM colleague),

still nothing - it’s been 72 hours since I received the confirmation email stating my order had been placed

Hello HUGH,

Thanks for upgrading your Virgin Media package. To help you keep track of your order, there's a summary of what you chose further down the page.

Your order summary

Order ref: WS7237382

Order date: Wednesday, October 21, 2020

You've got our Bigger bundle + Movies £76.00 a month
for 18 months then

£103.00 a month

£73.00 current monthly cost.      

oldman56_2-1603552896115.png

Maxit TV
oldman56_3-1603552896115.png

Talk Weekends
oldman56_4-1603552896114.png

Virgin Phone line

Your extras - all included in your monthly total

Sky Cinema Collection

How can we progress this, please?

Regards

Hugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for coming back to us, sorry to hear you're still no further with the progress of your order.

I'll pop you over a PM so I can take a closer look - please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth,

I am in a similar situation, I applied online for the upgrade on 19th October after my contract came to an,  I got a confirmation email, but nothing since then, shouldn't I have heard something else by now?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos