cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issue

danger_mouse78
Tuning in

Good morning.

I have been with virgin for a long time (20 years) and have never had an issue with upgrades.  In the past week I've spent around 16 hours online and the phone, as it seems virgins customer service has vanished all together!

My original request was a simple 1, could I have a 2nd tivo box added to my account please.  On negotiation I was offered a free upgrade too 500mb broadband, while keeping the rest of my package (all for the same monthly price I've paid the past few years)  I had a self install kit sent out for the 2nd box, even though I told the operator multiple times I needed a socket installing. 

I called, arranged an engineer (45 minutes and 4 different teams) who attended promptly the next day and fitted my new socket.  I mentioned the broadband hadn't changed, he offered reassurances and left.

I started a webchat moved to WhatsApp (where you can wait for hours I've discovered) only to be told my contract that I agreed had been cancelled and I couldn't have the same offer for that price.  I obviously complained and demanded the same price!  I've been on "hold" on WhatsApp since Midday yesterday!!

I called last night to try to resolve with retentions, they apologised and offered me the same package I had already agreed with the generous offer of a further £1 a month reduction, I accepted and went through the required package multiple times with the operator.

You can imagine my deep joy when I get a contract emailed to me this morning starting 23rd April (!!!?!?!) Missing my 2nd tv box and I've now had my home phone removed!

Has anyone else had the enriching experience of trying to resolve a problem like this.  It seems that "customer care" will do and say anything to get you off the phone and the digital element of customer support, whilst it can remove some of the language barriers just isn't fit for purpose.

What do I do next? Leave??? 😒 

10 REPLIES 10

Good Afternoon @danger_mouse78, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and we can discuss your account/the service receipt dated April 2022 with you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn