Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade function not working

For months now, every time I try to view my upgrade options I get an ‘Oops!’ error message. This happened after I called VM to discuss reducing my charges and refused their hard sell  TIVO offer, and since then numerous calls, emails and chats have sent me round in circles. Nobody will correct the error message on my account so I’m essentially stuck on the services I have (broadband and phone) at their current level unless I quit VM altogether. Any ideas about what I have to do to get this sorted out?! Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade function not working

Phone 150 from your VM phone line and ask to be put through to cancellations.

Providing you are out of contract or within 30 days of your current contract expiring you will be offered a better deal. But you won't get the sort of excellent deal a new customer will get, it's a compromise.

Make sure you record your conversation with them. I was offered a broadband and phone package at an acceptable price which I agreed, unfortunately the 'new' contract didn't include the discount I had been verbally offered.

One of the very nice people from the Forum Team is trying to sort this out for me and has requested the recording of the conversation I had with cancellations, hopefully this will sort itself out soon.

The only way to get the best possible price for your broadband and phone is to swap to an alternative provider every time your contract comes to an end so you always end up with a 'new customer' discount. I know it's a pain but VM and all the other providers with give you nothing for being a loyal customer, they're a business not a charity!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade function not working

Pieman - I think you’re right, sadly. It’s so rubbish that I have to play the stupid game of asking to cancel and then seem grateful at being offered much less than a new customer. Thanks for taking time to respond.

0 Kudos