cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 512mb to 1gig internet in app. Recieved kit but account hasn't updated with new package.

GustavLove
Joining in

As the subject explains.

Upgraded broadband from 512mb to 1gig, received contract, equipment, pay schedule. Speeds remain the same though and my packages online make no mention of the 1gig upgrade. It's still even offering me the same deal.

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GustavLove,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, did the system advise of how long it would take for the upgrade to go ahead?

Has your kit now been installed now? Are you getting the speeds over your connection and its just that your online account hasn't been updated?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, Yep they said it would adjust instantly upon connection. It's all set up. Just my online account still hasn't switched to 1gig, which I assume means I wont be getting those speeds until that's corrected?

Thanks for coming back to us GustavLove, it can sometimes take up to 48 hours for your online account to update but the service could be at the new speeds. Are you able to run a speed test to check the speed that your connection is currently running at?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Sure, it's actually running at 350mb which is lower than what the original package should be

Thanks for coming back to me GustavLove. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us GustavLove, are you testing the connection speeds via ethernet connection or WiFi? 

Are you able to run a test via Sam knows to check the speed that is reaching your hub?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L