Menu
Rds261189
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade and offers

Everyone I goto the upgrade and offers section of the website I keep getting an oops message .... Why is this as been a virgin customer for over a year now and was interested in upgrading to the 360 box and possibly 1gig broadband?

Thanks

R SCOTT
Enigma80
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade and offers

This always happens and suggests using the web-chat.  I've had a little success with the web-chat, but you can end up waiting around for hours for someone to respond sometimes.   The phone isn't any quicker either.

I think it used to work years ago, but hasn't for quite sometime.  I've been with Virgin for over 10yrs now and I don't recall it working in recent years.

I've just come from 350 to 1Gb and it's not too great to be honest.  I've been getting speeds as slow as 49Mbps on occasions and this is in the early hours of the morning (2-3am) when everyone else is in bed and I'm the only one on the connection.  Fastest I've got from it is around 479Mbps and this is with both WiFi and ethernet (Cat6 cable) sat 2ft from the hub.

I posted on here and shown the settings on my hub to which one of the forum members noticed a problem.  I've not had anyone official message me on the thread (they sometimes do), but I've just responded to older personal message which seems to have gotten some attention, but went quiet again.

The problem I've had is that my wife and I are in meetings a lot and our kids are on live lessons so I've not been able to call up during the day-time during the week as losing connection while work was being done wasn't an option.  I'm off this week and so are the kids so I'm hoping an engineer can pop around to fix it.

By the way, I've done the SamKnows realspeed test and it's telling me I'm getting around 1098Mbps into the hub, but a 49-400Mbps from the router to the computer.  So there is definitely an issue with the router, and it's not one that we can fix ourselves.

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e6d0dc738537ac98261baced80d2ac016091e9f4]My Broadband Ping[/url]
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade and offers

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's usually because you either already have a discount, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and requires extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around teatime

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali