Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade account

M350 Fibre Broadband and Talk weekends (Area reference 05)

Currently, i'm paying just over £60 for this, however i'm not using the phone.

Can I upgrade to the M500 Fibre Broadband, and have the phone package removed and pay just the £64 a month as advertised on the website? I've been a customer with Virgin Media since 2007

tia

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade account

Hi d3vlinUK,

It makes a refreshing change to see a community member asking if they can change package and pay the going rate and not the new customer price.

I would say that providing your area is capable of receiving M500 then there shouldn't be a problem.

You might be able to regrade online via My Virgin Media, however often there's an "Oops error message whcih means you have to call in.

You should actually be able negotiate a better price when contacting VM 🙂

If you can't perform the regrade via My Virgin Media then

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali