forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Sarahb90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Cancellation Issue

Hi all,

I joined Virgin for TV and Broadband in October 2020. My package was £33 per month for 100mb broadband and Mixit TV (basic package). Last week I received an email offering me the chance to upgrade to 500mb broadband and Maxit TV for £60 per month. I accepted the offer and my account was upgraded on Sunday. Today I rang Virgin as I had changed my mind about the upgrade and therefore wanted to exercise the 14 day cooling off period. All fine, except Virgin are saying there is no way to put me back onto my previous package deal despite that being my contractual price. They say they can downgrade my services but I'd need to still pay £53 per month! In my upgrade email and contract, all it says is that I have the right to cancel within 14 days, nothing about losing my previous deal etc. I was in tears on the phone out of sheer frustration. How is this fair? Does anyone have any advice? I just want to go back to my previous package that I had less than a week ago!

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Sarahb90
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Cancellation Issue

Hello?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Sarahb90, thanks for the message. On the forums the replies are not immediate and can take a few days to get to posts. I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with the package and they should have been able to correct this for you. I will send you a private message to look into this further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Sarahb90
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can someone please check my messages?

Whoever has been making changes to my account has MASSIVELY messed it up; I have access to NO tv services except the standard 5 terrestrial channels and I am expected to pay a bill of £78 on 4th Feb for a service I received for a week? I don't think so! Please restore my tv channels and fix the bill. 

Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarahb90,

I can see you're private messaging one of my colleagues. If there is an issue I would advise responding to them. 

^Martin

0 Kudos