cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Homeworks + Monthly contract reset

imagiro
Joining in

Hi,

I recently called support because I am not getting a good enough WiFi signal in my house.

However, during the call, I was signed up to HomeWorks, which I was not told would add an extra £18 per month onto my bill. I'd like this removed, and to be refunded the extra amount I've paid in my last two bills as I have not used HomeWorks at all.

Apparently the cost of the service is £9.99, however my bill has gone up by £18.99.

Furthermore, it seems my monthly contract was reset, and I have to start the 18 months over again. This is ridiculous - especially I want to leave Virgin as soon as possible.

Please advise!

Thanks
 - August
1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, imagiro.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here, happy to have you on board with us in the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your new package and Homeworks being added without your consent, we'd love to help however we do not deal with package changes over this forum.

Have you contacted our team at 0345 454 1111 to discuss your options and see if we can remove this service for you in this case?
Also, Homeworks usually comes as part of your package agreed - can you please confirm if the price is different than what you've agreed over the call/chat when opted in for this?

Lastly, could you kindly confirm if this is relating to a new customer deal you've ordered and do you have any services active/installed with us currently? 
How long has it been since you placed the order for the new deal?

Once we have the above info we'll be eager to advise more and see how to best assist you, please let us know.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs