cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Extra Cost & Doubly Billed in Disconnection casued by a Misleading Whatsapp Agent

pedrolk
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media Staff

I approach VM through whastapp chat on 25/1, asking the earliest day I could schedule a disconnection, so that there will be no early disconnection fee, the VM representative did not tell me this 30-day notification period.

When I asked VM how to avoid the early disconnection fee and further usage beyond the promotional offer on 25/1, I was then told by a VM representative called Andrea that I have to approach VM 30 days prior to the contract end date the earliest so as to avoid these charges.

However when I tried to reach VM yesterday on 20/2, the representative told me that there is something called 30-day notice period.

I have clearly mentioned my intention on 25/1 but the VM representative, Andrea, didn't tell me the full picture to get through. I was misled.

If VM requires customer to approach EXACTLY 30 days prior to the contract end date to avoid any disconnection fee and further usage beyond the promotional offer, why didn't the representative, Andrea, tell me on 25/1 ???  In particular I have already mentioned clearly my intention.

I should have mentioned my intention on 25/1.  Why didn't the VM representative, Andrea, on that day tell me that I had to approach VM EXACTLY 30 days prior to the contract end date if there is something like 30-day notice period??? It was totally MISLEADING.

It is unfair if VM tells me today (actually it was yesterday becoz i have approached VM yesterday about this but the chat was ended by VM becoz it was over 9pm) there is something called 30-day notification period, BUT NOT on 25/1 when I approach VM for the first time on this issue.

Why didn't the VM representative tell me such thing on 25/1 when I ask for a disconnection exactly on the contract end date, without any early disconnection fee and further usage beyond the promotional offer????

----------------

I reached VM through Whatsapp again earlier today. The agent told me that the next (final) bill will be £66.25 for the service from today (21/2/2023) to the contract end date (23/3/2023). However, the last bill I paid was from 7/2/2023 to 6/3/2023. Was I billed doubly ??????????

-----------------

I hope the friendly VM staff here could help.  Why does an innocent customer have to bear extra unwanted cost caused by a misleading agent ????  It is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pedrolk,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear of these complications when raising your request to cancel and leave. It's correct that the cancellation period is 30 days from the date of request, and this is outlined within the agreed terms and conditions of the service. It's a shame to hear that this wasn't clarified on the initial contact you made with us about this in January.

So that I can take a closer look at what's happened here, and to see if there's any additional help I can provide, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!