Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unused username & forgotten password

Hi,

Really hope someone can help. My original username was an old BT email address, which is no longer in use and I've forgotten our password. We opted for paperless billing and all payments are by direct debit.

I'm in a position where I don't know the account number, the previous telephone contact details and email are no longer valid and I don't know the password that was used at the original set up.

I've navigated the 'Help & support' pages, but end up either back where I started or unable to continue any further, as the programming of the fault finding routes didn't anticipate an idiot like me would turn up!

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unused username & forgotten password

You must be the best judge of your intellectual condition. But if you have opted for paperless billing then how do you read your bills each month, if you need to?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We don't need to. The only product we have currently is the broadband connection, no telephone or TV bundle. The bank is instructed to clear each month. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We'd better start at the beginning hadn't we, if you think that you are intellectually challenged about this system?

Your account number will be on your monthly bank statements (guaranteed) or on the monthly e-mail that VM send you as part of paperless billing

Your username will be the BT address. The VM system doesn't care that much ( I have chosen my words carefully)  if the username is not in use. But as long as it is a valid format for an e-mail address it will still work as a username (although why you should have chosen a non-VM email address as a user name beats me).

On that basis you have all the information you need to follow the guidance here to retrieve your password.

Now unless you have done something that you haven't told us about you should be good to go:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think I can cope with that. Thank you for the help and the tone in which it was delivered, humour is obviously lost on you, even though you're 'very insightful'.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh - I see. I wasn't to take you literally that you might need help in simple terms. You were just having a laugh. Well I spent my working life writing accurate and clear prose for a living so I took you at your word. I'll be more careful next time. But as I come here as a volunteer I can pick and chose whom I reply to.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos