cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure of cancellation

lennon666
On our wavelength

Hello, I rang virgin on the 1st March to cancel my contract as I'm moving over to sky. The operator said He couldn't cancel as there was work scheduled on the phone by sky. I said no worries I will phone and cancel once the work is complete. The day after I received an email telling me about changes to my package with a contract start date of 23rd March, basically the phone had been took off along with an increase of £3.95. Which is annoying as I never requested this just a complete cancellation. In my account orders I have tv phone and broadband scheduled for the 1st March. Also earlier this week retentions rang me and offered me a discount of a massive £1 to stay.

Sorry for the essay, was wondering anyone else had this happen and is my cancellation complete?. I will be ringing next week to get definite answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lennon666 

Thanks for posting on our community forum

This will of happened as Sky requested the number from us before the disconnection had been requested, so when the number has been ported the landline has been disconnected and removed from the package, you would still need to call our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to process a full disconnection of all of your services.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lennon666 

Thanks for posting on our community forum

This will of happened as Sky requested the number from us before the disconnection had been requested, so when the number has been ported the landline has been disconnected and removed from the package, you would still need to call our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to process a full disconnection of all of your services.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cheers for getting back to me. Just wish it was explained more clearly what has happened as operator on phone said nothing  other than cant cancel till work is done. Annoyed that money has been added onto my bill.

@lennon666 wrote:

Cheers for getting back to me. Just wish it was explained more clearly what has happened as operator on phone said nothing  other than cant cancel till work is done. Annoyed that money has been added onto my bill.

Do consider making Ofcom aware of the issue faced when trying to cancel by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom