cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited contract renewal

johnmh427
Tuning in

Despite choosing to remain on a rolling 30 day contract with VM, I today received a totally unsolicited contract renewal. Apparently I have agreed to take more features, at a greater cost, for a fixed 18 months! Nothing of the sort. I have had no contact with VM and want to remain with my existing contract and package. I assume this is autorenewal - something VM say in their Ts&Cs that they will not do, but clearly they have. I have written to VM's registered office to reject the new contract and will be contacting them next week by phone to do the same, and to determine whether I remain with them to go elsewhere. Anyone on the forum from VM? Please look at this for me. Anyone else had any experience of this, frankly, unlawful practice? If so, any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnmh427 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Off the top of my head, if you've had a change of package that has not been instigated by yourself, then it's highly likely that you've previously had a package as a part of your service that has been discontinued and changed to an updated equivalent. I am sorry if you've not received a notification in advance, regarding this.  I would like to take a look on your behalf, so that I can offer clarification. I am going to send you a private message. Please do keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnmh427 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Off the top of my head, if you've had a change of package that has not been instigated by yourself, then it's highly likely that you've previously had a package as a part of your service that has been discontinued and changed to an updated equivalent. I am sorry if you've not received a notification in advance, regarding this.  I would like to take a look on your behalf, so that I can offer clarification. I am going to send you a private message. Please do keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R